What is Be The Light Thrift and Gift?
This brick and mortar thrift store is all donation driven by the local community. The store offers positive affirmations and a vibe to match. It is a safe place to shop, talk and visit without judgement or stigma. We are able to keep the memory of those ‘Lost to suicide’ alive and encourage those who visit to openly discuss mental health. The thrift store is able to help those less fortunate by thrifting forward and offering quality merchandise at a fair price.
Where is it located?
202 West H Street Weeping Water, NE 68463
How has the store given back?
- Remodeling the Weeping water Memorial Field restrooms. This facility is used regularly for all football, softball and baseball games.
- Hiring Motivational Speaker; Ryan Kaufman to speak to the Weeping Water middle and high school students
- Supporting Tabitha’s thread and their mission to provide children and their families in Cass county with basic necessities.
- Supporting the local Weeping Water school with access to grant certificates to children who are in need of Clothing, shoes, backpacks etc.
- Donating to local businesses fundraising items
- Sharing our story of Love, Loss and how we got to where we are at today. Inspire, make a difference, and be the face of ‘It’s okay not to be okay’ and ‘it’s okay to ask for help’
What is the store looking to support in the future?
- Increase the Scholarship to $2,500.00 for a Weeping Water Graduating Senior.
- Starting a new scholarship in memory of Julies brother; Steve for the surrounding Cass County Schools- Syracuse, Elmwood-Murdock, Conestoga and Louisville.
- Addressing the needs for more mental health therapists and how to provide for those who are income challenged, no insurance or cannot wait the amount of time it takes to see a licensed mental health therapist.